Answer to your Health Question


Question: What exactly does milk do to the body after ingesting milk??

Vampaira

 

Answer:

Dear Vampaira,

Milk is a natural substance. Milk after ingesting is easily broken down and digested making the calcium, phosphorus and other nutrients effortlessly available to be used by the body.

Milk is also an emulsion of butterfat globules within a water-based fluid.

Milk contains several hundreds of chemical components. Even today, scientists are constantly finding something new in milk.

The largest structures in the fluid portion of the milk are casein protein micelles: aggregates of several thousand protein molecules bonded .

Casein protein, like other protein sources, provides a rich amino acid supply to the body.

Unlike fat and starch, the human body does not store excess amino acids for later use—the amino acids must be in the food every day.

Amino acids play central roles as building blocks of proteins

Proteins not only catalyze all (or most) of the reactions in living cells, they control virtually all cellular process.

Milk has lactose. Lactose is the sugar found in milk. Lactose makes up around 2-8% of the solids in milk

For people with lactose intolerance, consuming lactose usually causes excess gas production, abdominal discomfort, and often diarrhea.

90 percent of Asians, 70 percent of Africans, 50 percent of Hispanics and 15 percent of Caucasians may be lactose intolerant

Milk is also a good source of tryptophan, an amino acid that your body converts to melatonin and serotonin

both of them are neurotransmitters.

Neurotransmitters are the chemicals which account for the transmission of signals from one neuron to the next across synapses.

The two main types of proteins in milk, whey and casein, may have intrinsic properties that are advantageous in terms of supporting muscle growth.

Dietary protein increases production of acid in the blood which can be neutralized by calcium mobilized from the skeleton. Because of that , milk may cause osteoporosis. But milk is a great source of calcium and milk may prevent osteoporosis.

Curd, the substance that forms chunks in sour milk, contains 80% of milk's proteins, including several called caseins .Whey ,the watery part of milk, holds the other 20%. A person may be allergic to proteins in either or both parts of milk.

There are more than 160 different foods in the world known to cause allergies, but 90% of the problems are caused by eight specific foods , milk is one of them.

Nobody knows exactly what milk does to the body after ingesting milk, it varies from one person to another.

For that reason milk is probably today the most controversial food.

 

Please visit Health100.org

>