Your Body
Health Problems & Therapies
Supplements & Vitamins
Ask a Question

Answer to your Health Question

Question: Both me and my husband were each others first sexual partners. We rarely have sex as it's too painful for me and I often have a burning sensation. Do I have an infection? Vanessa

Answer: Dear Vanessa,

When a woman feels pain while having sexual intercourse, it is called dyspareunia. Painful sex is fairly common. Common causes of sexual pain include:

- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina)
- Emotional factors that do not allow a woman to relax and prevent arousal and lubrication

Deep pain may be caused by:

- Endometriosis
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic inflammatory disease

Disclaimer: The information contained in this web site is for educational purposes only and is not meant to replace medical advice, diagnose or treat any disease.
Your use of this site indicates your agreement to be bound.