Question: My question concerns
bee allergies. My daughter & I are allergic. My daughter was stung
ONCE and had a severe systemic reaction. The debate is: is it possible
to react the FIRST time you're stung. I have been told it's impossible
b/c of the antibodies. Please settle this for me. Thank you, Colleen
Answer: Dear Colleen,
In many cases, after a first sting,
a person may not suffer from a reaction but this is not true for all
people. Reactions to bee stings can vary from person to person.
It is important to know that after
the first sting, future reactions can be more severe and symptoms
may appear very quickly due to the excess antibody production from
the first sting.