Your Body
Health Problems & Therapies
Supplements & Vitamins
Ask a Question

Answer to your Health Question

Question: I'm a 53 yr.old woman. My hair is beginning to thin in the front. I heard it was some kind of hormone deficiency. I'd like to know what kind of hormone, and if there is some kind of supplement I could take to help with this problem. Thank you for any help you can give me! Darleen

Answer: Dear Darleen,

When hair loss is related to hormones, it is usually due to an imbalance in the levels of androgens and estrogens. After menopause, the ovaries may produce more androgens (male hormones) than estrogen (female hormones) and this can result in hair loss.

Herbal supplements such as Nettle Leaf Extract can help nourish hair and encourage hair growth.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this web site is for educational purposes only and is not meant to replace medical advice, diagnose or treat any disease.
Your use of this site indicates your agreement to be bound.